Warner Theatre CT
The Warner Theatre was built by Warner Brothers Studios and opened in 1931 as a movie palace. Damaged extensively in a flood, the Warner was slated for demolition in the early 1980s until Northwest Connecticut Association for the Arts (NCAA) was founded and purchased the theatre. The Warner reopened as a performing arts center in 1983, and restoration of the lobbies and auditorium was completed in November 2002. Today, the Warner is in operation year-round and serves nearly 100,000 patrons with 165+ public performances annually. NCAA's mission is to preserve the Warner Theatre as an historic landmark, enhance its reputation as a center of artistic excellence and a focal point of community involvement, and satisfy the diverse cultural needs of the region.